Friday 17 May 2013

French Children Don't Throw Food

Much as I love reading books, I don't like writing book reviews. I enjoy reading them, I just don't write them. And so, this is not a book review as such. I saw this book by Pamela Druckerman in Tesco a while back and was taken in by the title.


It then sat on my shelf amongst a pile of other books waiting to be read. I finally picked it up about two weeks ago and somehow, despite having two kids and a million other things I have to do, managed to finish it in under a week (which is pretty fast for me now). I have to say I really enjoyed it. I wish it had been written four years ago - there are some parenting tip gems in there, from the Pause to get your little one to teach themselves to sleep; great eating tips (3 times a day plus a gouter with no snacking in between) to paying attention to what you eat. Oh, and not feeling guilty about having me time.

Of course, there are some things in there that I don't always agree with but that goes with every book written about parenting. You just take the good and discard all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment