Tuesday 2 November 2010

Goo-goo

"Goo-goo," the Boogster said to me insistently. "Mama, goo-goo."

I got up and told him to come to me with the fridge. Goo-goo can mean either water or juice. I have no idea how he came up with that word but that's what he uses. I was hoping to get him to drink some milk. I opened the fridge door and grabbed the 4 pint bottle.

The Boogster's hand shot in and out so quickly, I hardly had time to react. In his hand, was a bottle of Tropicana Kid's apple juice. On his face was the cheekiest smile ever. He gave a cheeky laugh and off he ran. I was left, fridge door still open, marvelling at the cheeky little monkey my son had become. He knew very well I wanted him to have milk. He knew very well he wasn't supposed to be having any more juice. He also knew he had gotten his own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment