Tuesday 29 January 2013

Street artists

I'm not creative. I truly wish I were. I merely appreciate creativity and sometimes follow patterns to crochet items or make things. I don't create from scratch. Here are two artists I've recently discovered who are inspirational.

The first is El Seed. He's currently doing a project for the Qatar Museum Authority. He was brought to my attention by my brother who is working QMA. The project he's working on is called El Seed in Doha. The street calligraphy is really worth checking out. My brother can also be seen in the background in the video - guy in jeans on his phone!



The second is Karim Jabbari who uses a torch and his camera on long exposure to create some pretty cool calligraphy.

For some reason, I can't post pictures at the moment but do check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment