Tuesday 5 March 2013

Time flying by

Where does the time go? I keep meaning to blog more often but get so caught up in everyday life it's hard finding time for it. And yet, when I think about what I have been doing all day, it seems like I've not been doing anything at all! How can that be?
My little daughter is already 14 weeks old and I'm beginning to think about when a good time to back to work is. I'll probably have to go back in June which is much sooner than I hoped but with the way things are panning out it'll have to be that soon. With two kids, working full time isn't viable. Ideally, I would just be a housewife but we need to save for our own place so part time teaching will become necessary. According to the Borough I work for, I have to work for 13 consecutive weeks at my current contracted hours in order to keep my Occupational maternity pay if I then decide to leave. Luckily for me, the summer holidays count.
I've been enjoying my time off. More now than the first time round. I think it's easier the second time round because you know what to expect. You take things in your stride. Before I used to be so scared to just the little one out. What if he needed breast-feeding? Where do I change his nappy if there aren't any proper places to change him? (The car, for both questions, as that's my usual mode of transport). I've taken up Baby Sensory classes and Baby Signing. It's nice to meet other parents and just get out of the house for a bit. I didn't think I needed it the last time round but have become much more open to baby activities. It's good for those times when you think you're the only person going through the joys and trials of motherhood and then find there are so many others in the same boat.
I'd like to slow time down for a few months, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment