Tuesday 12 March 2013

Wheels in motion

Two weeks after having my baby, I began to apply for teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha. I must have applied to about ten with no success. That was until about last week when I finally head back from a school in Doha. I was over the moon - and terrified. I had an interview and I had only ever had experience of one interview in the last six years. Luckily, I was given a time frame in which to choose the day of my interview. That gave me time to do all the research I needed to do on the types of interview questions I might be asked as well as doing some background work on the school and living in Qatar.

The interview went really well, only there is a slight problem. Were I to be given the job, I would not be able to sponsor my husband. Imagine my frustration at that piece of information. I finally had an interview, it went really well and then unless my husband found a job there himself and sponsored me, I would not be able to sponsor him. The interviewers were really good though. They told me to send my hubby's CV and they would see if they could offer him non-teaching job. So lets see what happens. I really hope it works out because I so need the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment