Monday 1 April 2013

Lots to think about

As I've mentioned before, I've been looking for a job abroad - mainly in the UAE and in Qatar. That job search has now been focussed on the UAE as there is a big drive by the Abu Dhabi Education Council to recruit teachers into state schools there. Aside from the very generous benefits package, it does come with a few things to think about. First off, it doesn't tell you what school and in what area you'll end up in if you are successful - not until you get there. With a young family like my own, that can be a bit daunting especially when they tell you life in the Abu Dhabi outback can be hard. They also don't give a school allowance for your children and international schools there aren't cheap. It seems though, that I'd be able to sponsor my family which is a big plus. I am so ready for a change but this all bears so much thinking. I have no idea what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment